Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Please Wait Until the Project Comes to a Complete Stop

Yep.

I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend. I did- but it was plagued with technical problems. I installed my new computer (a Mac Pro, I've been a PC guy up until now), only to an hour later have a transformer blow in my area and lose power.

After the DWP fixed the transformer (it did look very cool- there was literally smoke pouring out of the manhole covers), the power did come back (about 6 hours later). With the return of power however came a power surge, and while my computer(s) were plugged into a surge protector it doesn't seem to have done much good.

It seems the power supply on my old computer was fried. Good news is, I have my new computer (which, despite being plugged into the same surge protector, came out fine) so I can access the internet and such. Bad news is, all of my files and software are still on the old one; and I have no way of accessing them until I can have the power supply replaced (which hopefully wont take more than a week).

With any luck I'll be back in action then. The good news is I took the precaution of saving the entire project from the get-go onto an external drive, so I have all of the files. What I don't have is the software I need (Photoshop, Flash, my FTP client...).

So that's where it stands. Hopefully things should be back on track in a week or so.

2 comments:

Samuel Fisher said...

Very cool idea. I'm a big Disneyland fanatic. I especially enjoy collecting vintage artifacts (including attraction audio). Don't think twice about asking for help whenever you need it. I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there (including myself) that would be more than willing to help.

Unknown said...

O have been searching for this site for years. I originally found your other version about 3 years ago but have had a hard time finding it again. Is it coming along anymore?